Preparing Young Leaders
What Is City Ranch?
- We provide a Christ-centered home for boys and girls, ages 5-18, who are in need of a stronger family support system.
- Our goals are the spiritual, intellectual, social, emotional, and physical development of children living at City Ranch, and the eventual reunification with their natural families, whenever possible.
- While at the Ranch, each child lives in a home with up to 6 other children. The houseparents, a husband and wife team, structure the daily living environment to make the home function as much like a family as possible.
- Each child participates in weekly or bi-weekly individual, group, and family counseling sessions. The child’s progress through the Ranch level system is charted through levels meetings and weekly group sessions. With each advancement, privileges and responsibilities increase.
- Since our goal for each child is reunification with his or her natural family, when possible, the counselors schedule therapy sessions with the entire family at least every other week and families participate in a multi-family group session once a month.
- Additionally, the children return home, or to their placements, every other weekend (more often for children on the upper two levels), on school holidays, and during several weeks of the summer break to begin the gradual process of reunification.