The Need for City Ranch
Troubled families are an unfortunate reality in today's social landscape. The emotional, physical, and economic stresses that result can affect a child's growth and potential. In fact, children from these families are more likely to be troubled by depression, anxiety, fear, and low self-esteem. These children act out their inner turmoil through lower academic achievement, anti-social behavior, and substance abuse. The vision of City Ranch is to provide a place where positive change can be made in the lives of our children.
- Nearly 1,000 cases of child abuse & neglect are investigated yearly in Fulton County alone
- Nearly 3,000 children are in DFCS custody at any given time in Fulton County
- Over 1,500 children are in foster family situations at any given time in Fulton County
- There are over 1,500 teen pregnancies each year in the City of Atlanta
- It is estimated that anywhere from 3,800-7,000 children under the age of 8 are homeless each night in the City of Atlanta
- It is estimated that anywhere from 2,500-5,000 youth aged 15-20 are homeless each night in the City of Atlanta